This has been bothering me for a few weeks now.
1) The White House tells us that Iran is a huge danger and an enemy of America.
2) Iran makes money selling oil.
3) The White House says threatening things about Iran, implying that the US will soon invade.
4) World markets freak out, and the price of oil shoots up.
5) Iran makes a killing due to increased oil prices.
6) Despite their own fears and rhetoric, the White House is actually making Iran stronger.
The price of oil is nearly $100 a barrel now, up from around $54 a barrel in January 2007. How much is this helping Iran? The 2007 Iranian budget was based upon the assumption that oil prices would average $60 a barrel. The Bush administration has helped increase their enemy’s budget by about 40%. How does that make the slightest bit of sense?
1 Comment »
Leave a comment
Line and paragraph breaks automatic, e-mail address never displayed, HTML allowed:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <code> <em> <i> <strike> <strong>