November 15, 2006

Deep-Fried Ozone

When I find a news story that seems too weird to be true, I usually have to research it to find out.

Sadly, this one seems to be true.

Kentucky Fried Chicken has built a 2-acre mosaic of Col. Sanders’ face in Nevada, making it the first corporate logo visible from space.

Time to find a new planet, I guess.

[update]

Just minutes after writing this, I read that Target may have beaten KFC to the punch, painting their bulls-eye logo on top of many of their stores, and that these bulls-eyes were already visible from space. At this rate, we’re gonna need an intergalatic version of the Billboard Liberation Front.

Posted by Jake on November 15, 2006 8:15 am

1. What’s the point of that? Only their executives can afford the trip to space to see the logos, and it’s not like they don’t see enough of them already.

Comment by Guy — November 15, 2006 @ 3:04 pm

2. This is a great site and I hope it gets lots of attention. I look forward to tuning in tomorrow to hear what the radio show is like.

Comment by Guy — November 15, 2006 @ 3:15 pm

3. Damn it! I guess I can’t… My computer won’t let me.

Comment by Guy — November 15, 2006 @ 3:49 pm

4. Well Guy, try the podcasts after the fact. Just click on the link and there should be a working mp3 of the show.

Comment by Jake — November 15, 2006 @ 8:38 pm

5. you know, i was wondering what we were lacking as a society, and know i know.

what we really needed to get us back on track was a big ass picture of old colonel sanders thats visible from space.

what a good use of money and time that was. yeah commercialism.

Comment by ryan anderson — November 16, 2006 @ 4:40 pm