September 29, 2006

LMB Radio 9-28-06

LMB Radio 9-28-06

I start off the show asking folks if they listen to my show in its entirety, or if they just listen to the music and fast-forward the rest, or if they just listen to the ranting and skip the music. Please tell me, I wanna know. Email address on the right-hand side there, or post in the comments.

Today’s ranting:

- monsters on The Daily Show
- Banned Books Week
- racists vs. clowns
- generals vs. Bush
- Iraq war hurts America. Duh.
- Congress gives Bush power to control all time and space
- war on terror paranoia
- conservatives vs. authoritarians
- Iraqis want US out

Tunewise, we’ve got Morrissey, Magnapop, A Perfect Circle, Requiem, Fear Before the March of Flame, Public Enemy, Jess Klein, Lady Sovereign, David Sugar, the Verve, Requiem, Refused, Rasputina, Motorhead, Living Colour and more.

Posted by Jake on September 29, 2006 12:49 am

1. Listen to both, media commentary and music, and value both.

Comment by Michael — September 29, 2006 @ 9:41 am

2. I listen to and enjoy both.

Comment by pointfour — September 29, 2006 @ 10:25 am

3. Music only.

Comment by fiusctakemaogr — September 29, 2006 @ 12:14 pm

4. I listen to both, although sometimes I don’t actually hear all of it. Last weekend I fell asleep. Nothing personal, I was tired.

Comment by cm — September 29, 2006 @ 3:50 pm

5. I listen to both, although I do sometimes skip the songs I don’t like.

Comment by jm — September 29, 2006 @ 10:05 pm

6. I usually listen to the whole file straight through. Sometimes I’ll fast forward through some songs, but you (Jake) generally choose interesting material. I’m not a hip-hop fan, but this is where I get my weekly dose of current sounds.

Comment by GK4 — October 4, 2006 @ 5:38 am

7. when i listen, i enjoy listening to both. you’ve got interesting things to say and play good music too.

Comment by DJ Al — October 4, 2006 @ 10:44 am